Bert S. Gowdy, formerly of Soabar Corporation, founded the company in 1975 in a small warehouse in Menlo Park, California. Originally established as BSG & Associates, the young company became an integral manufacturer of the iconic jeans patch to international denim brand Levi Strauss & Co.
Renamed The Graphic Label Group, Inc. in 1985, and now known just as TGL, the company expanded globally to become an industry leader and true one stop shop for apparel branding, labeling and packaging worldwide. TGL currently partners with some of the biggest names in retail, designing and producing woven and printed labels, shoppers, tags, boxes, stickers, on-garment trims and more. With global production locations, cutting-edge equipment, quick turnaround times, expert design, sales, warehousing and distribution capabilities, we facilitate your projects seamlessly from concept to marketplace.
- 1980 – Engineered jean patch for stone washing
- 1986 – Established Minnesota production
- 1991 – Assisted in EDI implementation within the industry
- 1996 – Expanded to Hong Kong
- 1999 – Added woven labels
- 2003 – Expanded to Turkey and Mexico
- 2005 – Expanded to Pakistan and India
- 2007 – Developed a global in-plant solution for barcode printing
- 2011 – Expanded to New York and Bangladesh
- 2013 – Expanded USA warehousing and distribution capabilities
- 2016 – Expanded to Vietnam and Cambodia